A new Joann’s Fabrics opened last weekend and, although I knew the place would be packed for the grand opening, I had a 20% coupon on top of the sales prices that was only good for those few days. I’d been planning to ditch the sheer curtains in the living room in favor of something more colorful so it was the perfect time to explore the new fabric selection.
I found a fantastic mid century pattern in cream, turquoise, and black, picked up six yards, and went home to no sew the crap out of it. I started out by using the original sheer curtains as a template and adding about nine inches because I also raised the height of the curtain rod.
After I got them all cut, there was a slight digression to the washing machine because Coco decided to get involved in a less-than-helpful way. Then I broke out the hem tape and ironed along the edges, creating a pocket at the top to slide on the rod.
I only had time to finish one completely, but I think it came out rather nice.
The second colorful change is still a surprise and definitely not close to done, but I do have a couple hints.
Hopefully I’ll have more to share next week!